After a brutal couple of months for former Congressman Anthony Weiner, it not appears that he may be facing jailtime.
On Wednesday, it was revealed that Weiner had been “sexting” back and forth with an underaged girl for months. According to reports, the two had interacted for months, as Weiner communicated under the alias “Carlos Danger.”
It has been reported that in communication with the 15 year old, he has told her that she would “limp for a week,” about his “rape fantasies,” and he had asked her to get naked for him over Skype.
The unidentified girl told the Mail, “It would just be him showing up at my house when my dad was out of town.” New York Governor Andrew Cuomo reacted to the latest revelations in saying, “if the reports are true, it’s possibly criminal and it is sick. And frankly, I’ve heard enough about Anthony Weiner and I think that goes for all New Yorkers.”
It is reasonable to believe that should this all come out to be true, Weiner could very well face a multitude of state and federal charges. One of these charges alone may carry as much as a 15 year mandatory minimum.
The girl also has stated that they exchanged messages between Janurary through this past July. However, she decided to tell about this relationship after she saw the Post publish an indecent image of Weiner laying in bed with his three year old son.
Weiner responded by saying that he may be the victim of a hoax, however he did not deny any of the claims. He went on to add, “I am filled with regret and heartbroken for those I have hurt…. I have no one to blame but me for putting myself in this position. I am sorry.”